Chronological History #
- Centeen Park
- Water Street Brockville Ontario
- 44° 35′ 29.7852″ N, 75° 40′ 40.9224″ W
Centeen Park is a popular dive site for new divers because of its shallow depth (less than 9 meters or 30 feet), impressive life-size sculptures, and abundant aquatic life. The park has restrooms, (open from June to September) metal stairs to access the water, and benches for setting up and tearing down dive gear.
Divers using Centeen Park are encouraged to purchase an annual dive token at any of the following places
- Brockville Tourism Office,
- Local Dive Stores & Charter Operators
- Blockhouse Island Tourism Kiosk
- Harbour Office
Proceeds help with site maintenance and development.
Shore Dives Rules to live by #
- Pick up after yourselves and others if need be
- Take only pictures, memories, and trash off the bottom
- Many shore dive sites are busiest on weekends so plan ahead
- Remember you’re the ambassador for the sport when approached by onlookers and locals. Paying attention and being polite can lead to other opportunities and locations.
- Have fun and lots of it after all that’s why you are there just like underwater beware of others around you for both positive and negative experiences
- If you’re the guy with the camera, video, or go pro, take a minute to show those outside your group what’s underneath.