The Mink had a long history on the Ottawa River. First built in 1896 at 37 feet long, it was rebuilt to 51 feet in 1911. It was an alligator warp tug and was able to function on both land and water. It mainly worked on the Quyon log boom on Lake Deschenes. It sank on October 31, 1945, when a storm suddenly hit and it was unable to be untied from the log boom it was attached to.