50 feet long, the Mattawan originally traversed between Mattawa and Deux Rivières. It was known as the only steamer able to run the rapids. It later was moved to Lake Temiskaming in 1882, where it was the first steamer on the lake. In 1886 it was moved back to its original route. It burnt near Mattawa just above Explorer’s Point sometime after 1889. Its last appearance in official records on July 4, 1889.