Marine Railway Kingston

One of the sites of the Marine Museum Dive Site

In September, 1951 Canadian Shipbuilding & Engineering was fulfilling a contract for construction of a wooden minesweeping vessel for the Royal Canadian Navy. Contractually-obligated to build the minesweeper indoors, the end wall of a large structure was removed and the marine railway attached outside it, leading to the beckoning lake. This construction enabled an end launch into water of sufficient depth of the completed ship. These September 18, 1951 Whig clippings detail the revolutionary ways built under the leadership of T.G. Bishop

A very comprehensive write up is available over at The Hanley Spur Blog

Powered by BetterDocs

PAGE TOP
error: Content is protected !!