Site Orientation #
- Shore Dive
- 40 – 50ft pending on distance swam/scootered
- Kingston Ontario
- 55 Ontario St
- West Street Route
- Marine Railway
- Marine Museum Barge 1
- Marine Musuem Barge 2 Normally Scootered
- Tour Boat Remains – Yacht Club East Yellow Marker
- 2 Water Pipe Cribs
- Unidentified Hull – Kingston Yacht Club(KYC Wreck)
This is a very busy waterfront on weekends and extremely busy during July/Aug so plan accordingly. Parking is enforced during the week so best to pay before locking the car.
West Street area is also a boat launch which borders on the Kingston Yacht Club and situated in the middle is Ahoy Rentals which can be a blessing for finding recent treasure but it’s best to use West street late afternoons/early mornings on weekends. The Marine Museum has lots of parking and three entry points.
Photo Gallery #
Shore Dive Etiquette #
- Pick up after yourselves and others if need be
- Take only pictures, memories, and trash off the bottom
- Many shore dive sites are busiest on weekends so plan ahead
- Remember you’re the ambassador for the sport when approached by onlookers and locals. Paying attention and being polite can lead to other opportunities and locations.
- Have fun and lots of it after all that’s why you are there just like underwater beware of others around you for both positive and negative experiences
- If you’re the guy with the camera, video, or go pro, take a minute to show those outside your group what’s underneath.