Popular Search maplemarkwolf idkinghornontario
Chronological History #
- 1857 Apr 29 Enrolled Sandusky, OH.
- 1857 Jul 28 Damaged in collision with brig R.H. HARMON on straits of Mackinac; repaired.
- 1857 Aug Sunk at Racine, WI, Lake Michigan while trying to make port in a storm, lumber laden; raised, owned St. Clair, MI.
- 1859 Jul 14 Owned A. Bradley, et al, Cleveland, OH.
- 1859 Dec 5 Laid up, Little Sodus, NY.
- 1861 May Wrecked steamer COMET in collision at False Duck Islands, Lake Ontario with wheat; repaired.
- 1862 Oct Lost deck load of iron ore at Marquette, MI, Lake Superior in gale.
- 1862 Nov 22 Damaged in collision with schooner J.C. REEVES at Oak Orchard, Lake Ontario with salt; repaired Oswego, NY.
- 1866 Re-measured 292.04 gross tons.
- 1866 Sep Sunk at Cleveland, Lake Erie; bound there from Marquette with iron ore; raised.
- 1871 Owned Mason & Thompson, Cleveland.
- 1871 Jul Aground St. Clair River; released by tug G.H. PARKER.
- 1874 Nov 20 Wrecked Lake Erie; owned James Lawler, Sandusky, OH.
C. Patrick Labadie Great Lakes Ship Info #
- EXCHANGE (1857, Schooner) 7315
- Built at: Vermillion, OH Vessel Type: Schooner Hull Materials: Wood Number of Decks:1
- Builder Name: I.W. Nicholas Original Owner and Location: A. Bradley, Cleveland, OH
- Number of Masts:2
- Length: 138′ Beam: 26′ Depth: 11′ 8″ Tonnage (old style): 390 78/95
- Final Location: Kelley’s Island Lake Erie Date: 20 Nov 1874 How: Stranded.
- Final Cargo: Stoneblocks.
- Notes: Stranded on rocks while attempting to leave harbor in heavy weather. Declaired a total loss & abandoned on Nov 30. Broken up in gale April, 1876. Remains struck by tug AMERICAN EAGLE, 1885.
error: Content is protected !!