Chronological History #
- 1871 Owned Alexander, St. Catharines, ONT.
- 1873 Jun 3 Aground Port Colborne, Lake Erie, with grain; released.
- 1876, Feb 11 Collision by propeller ALMA MUNRO, which parted her moorings at Port Stanley, ONT.
- 1878 Owned W. R. Taylor, Kingston, ONT; registered Montreal, QUE 125.2 x 23.6 x 10; 262 tons.
- 1880 Nov Ashore Walter’s Bay west of Kingston, ONT.
- 1908, Aug 1 Owned Joseph H. Smith, Belleville, ONT; 3 masts, 124.8 x 25.3 x 9.8; 253.19 gross / 224 net tons.
- 1908 Sunk Bay of Quinte
- 1909 May 11 Owned J. H. & J. W. Smith.
- 1909 Jul 22 Owned J. B. Flint & J. W. Smith.
- 1911 Burned, Belleville Harbor, ON.
- 1914 Registry Closed.
- 1920 Abandoned, Belleville, ON boneyard
- 1960? One of several hulls dredged during Harbour Cleanups
Selection of News Articles for more www.maritimehistoryofthegreatlakes.ca #
Buffalo Evening News
August 21, 1908 #
Belleville, Ont., Aug. 21. — While coming to this port yesterday, the schooner DUNDEE, about two miles from here down the bay was run into by the steamer VARUNA, and had her bow stove in. A passenger on the VARUNA, Mrs. R. Smith, had a leg broken. The VARUNA was somewhat damaged, but left on her course. The damage to the DUNDEE was about $500.