- Tug Boat
- 70ffw 23m
- 68ft Lenght
- Avon Point, Lake Erie
- 41 41.630 81 57.655
Chronological History #
- Built in 1917, by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio (hull #26) as the Alpena for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
- In 1945, the tug was acquired by the Merritt-Chapman and Scott Corporation of New York, New York. Where tug retained her name.
- In 1957, the tug was converted from steam-powered to diesel. She was a single screw tug, rated at 900 horsepower.
- In 1966, she was acquired by General Piping Incorporated of Indianapolis, Indiana. Where the tug retained her name.
- In 1972, the tug was acquired by the Luedtke Engineering Company of Frankfort, Michigan. Where the tug retained her name.
- In 1974, Luedtke Engineering Company renamed the tug as the Duke Luedtke.
- In 1993, the tug sank on Lake Erie.
TugBoat Information #
- Vessel Name: DUKE LUEDTKE
- USCG Doc. No.: 216022
- Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
- Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted Registry
- Hull Material: STEEL
- Hull Number: 46
- Ship Builder: The Great Lakes Towing Co.
- Year Built: 1917
- Length: 70
- Hull Depth: 11
- Hull Breadth: 21
- Gross Tonnage: 65
- Previous Vessel Names:
Alpena, Duke Luedtke
- Previous Vessel Owners:
Great Lakes Towing Co., Merritt-Chapman and Scott Corp., General Piping Inc., Luedtke Engineering Co.