- Tug (Tow)
- 12ffw 4m
- 100ft Length
- West Sister Island, Lake Erie
- 41 44. 263 83 06.149
Selection of News Articles for more www.maritimehistoryofthegreatlakes.ca #
Loss reported of American Vessels
Merchant Vessel List, U. S., 1926 #
Steam screw CUSTODIAN. U. S. No. 218783. Of 359 tons gross. Built 1919. On June 23, 1925 vessel burned at West Sister Island, Ohio, with 14 persons on board. No lives were lost.
Merchant Vessel List, U. S., 1923 #
Steam screw CUSTODIAN. U. S. No. 218783. Of 359 tons gross; 199 tons net. Built Solomons, Md., 1919. Home port, Cleveland, Ohio. 126.0 x 29.9 x 13.7 Tow service. Crew of 11. Of 1,000 indicated horsepower.
David Swayze Shipwreck FIle
- Other names: none
- Official no.: 218783
- Type at loss: propeller tug, wood
- Build info: 1919, M. M. Davis & Sons, Solomons, MD
- Specs: 126x30x14, 359g 199n
- Date of loss: 1925, Jun 23
- Place of loss: 4 mi E of West Sister Isl.
- Lake: Erie
- Type of loss: fire
- Loss of life: none
- Carrying: towing coal laden barge MAIDA
- Detail: Burned to a total loss.Built for U. S. Shipping Board and sold private in 1920 to Pringle Barge line, Cleveland.