- Still Missing
David Swayze Shipwreck File * amendments
- Other names: STEVE SCULLY, NEPTUNE LINE No. 15 *
- Official no.: * US167670
- Type at loss : barge, bulk freight
- Build info: Kingston NY
- Specs : 422t, 112.0 x 29.2 x 13.3*
- Date of loss : 1937, Nov 2
- Place of loss : Off Barcelona, NY (also given as Westfield)
- Lake : Erie
- Type of loss : storm
- Loss of life : None*
- Carrying : sulfur
- Detail : Tow of tug BALLENAS with AMERICAN SAILOR and BETTY HEDGER. All 3
- barges foundered.
Loss Reported of American Vessels Merchant Vessel List, U. S., 1938 #
Barge AMERICAN SCOUT.* U. S. No. 167670. Of 422 tons gross. Built 1918. On November 2, 1937, vessel foundered off Westfield, N.Y., in Lake Erie, with one person on board. No lives were lost.
Loss Reported of American Vessels , U. S., 1938 #
Barge AMERICAN SCOUT.* U. S. No. 167670. Of 422 tons ross; 422 tons net. Built Kingston, N.Y., 1918. Home port, New York, N.Y. 112.0 x 29.2 x 13.3 Freight service. Crew of 1. Owned by New York Scow Corp.
* Formerly barge [a] STEVE SCULLY
” [B] NEPTUNE LINE No. 15