Built-in 1890 at Pembroke, Ontario, the Alex Fraser was 140 feet long. It towed logs between Fort William and Lower Allumette Lake. The Alex Fraser first sank on August 28, 1903, when it hit a rock across from Murphy’s Wharf. It was salvaged in 1904. In 1915, it was moved to Lake Deschenes to tow logs there. It was dismantled in 1942, with the iron sold, but the wooden structure can still be found in the mud near the Quyon boom.