- Paddlewheel Tug
- 65ft length
- Bay of Quinte
- N44 05 822 W76 53 054
- Scooter-able from shore
Photo Gallery 2022 Matthew Charlesworth CC
David Swayze Database #
- Other names : N/A Official no. : C88247
- Type at loss : Centerwheel Paddle tug, wood
- Build info : 1888, W. Evans, Deseronto, Ont.
- Specs : 65x30x4, 68gc 62nc
- Date of loss : 1899, Jul 21
- Place of loss : Pyner’s Point, Bay of Quinte, Lake Ontario
- Type of loss : “sunk”
- Her engines have been recovered
List of Vessels on the Registry Books of the Dominion of Canada on December 31, 1898 #
Date of loss 1899-07-21 Paddlewheel steamer ALBERTA. Official Canada No. 88247. Of 68 tons gross; 62 tons were registered. Built Deseronto, Ont., 1888.
Mills Listing #
- Puritan (1888)
- Also known as Alberta
- Year of Build:1888 Official Number: 88247
- Built at: Deseronto, Ontario
- Propulsion: Centrewheel
- Tonnage (gross): 68
- Final Location: Bay of Quinte, Ontario, Canada
- How: Foundered
- 65x30x4 Owned by Rathbun, Deseronto. Built by W. Evans, Deseronto 1888.
- Engine 8×24 by Polson Iron Works, Toronto. Center-wheel ferry. Sank 21/07/99 Bay of Quinte.