- Still Missing
- 100ft Length
- North Channel
- Lake Huron
Chronological History #
- 1849 First enrolled Cleveland, OH.
- 1852, Jan 10 Ashore near Ashtabula, OH with railroad iron in gale of Nov 5.
- 1855 October Dismasted in gale on Lake Michigan.
- 1859 Large repairs.
- 1860 Owned Thomas Sims of Chicago.
- 1862 Repaired.
- 1868 US368, 132.97 gross tons, barge.
- 1871 Owned Kirby, Furlong, & Co., Grand Haven, MI.
- 1873 Owned Boomsleeter, Grand Haven, MI.
- 1875 Fall Ashore near Muskegon, MI, Lake Michigan.
- 1892 Lost in Georgian Bay or North Channel.
Online Dbase Records #
David Swayze Shipwreck File #
- Other names : none
- Official no. : 368
- Type at loss : schooner, wood, 2-mast
- Build info : 1849, T.L. Lyons, Black River, OH
- Specs : 99x23x8, 178 t.
- Date of loss : 1892
- Place of loss : Main part of Georgian Bay or North Channel
- Lake : Huron
- Type of loss : “lost”
- Loss of life : ?
- Carrying : ?
- Detail : none available. Not in 1884 or 92 MVUS, possibly lost before Jul 1.
- Major repair in 1862
- Ashore and damaged in a storm at Muskegon, Mich., in Novbember, 1875. Recovered the following summer.
- Sources : (hgl,mv),slh+,wl,rsl,nsp