44°13’12.4″N 76°30’20.9″W

A large wharf of a different variety exists a stone’s throw from the remains of the St. Lawrence; built as early as the 1830s, it also served Drummond and Morton’s brewery. The wharf was used for bringing in raw materials for the business, and for shipping out the finished product. This sort of industrial and commercial activity was characteristic of the bustling port of Kingston in the mid-nineteenth century, which, between 1841 and 1843, served as the capital of the Province of Canada.

Powered by BetterDocs

PAGE TOP
error: Content is protected !!